Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. Hope you find something to make your creativity bloom!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Brothers

We have a brand new sketch to play with over at The Beary Scrap this week:



My project using the sketch is as 12 x 12 layout using these great Windsor papers from SEI. I thought the colors perfectly complemented the sepia pictures of my boys together.



I wanted to include many of the beautiful patterns from this paper line and so I pieced together the background of my layout instead of using just one large paper. I left off the flowers in the top left hand corner as this is a boyish layout (although I do think these papers are not what you would call traditional "boy" papers-- just goes to show you can use anything!). So instead of the flowers, I used a chipboard flourish that I first inked and then spritzed with Glimmer Mist. I really love how the whole thing came together and I will definitely be using these papers again! (I'm thinking beautiful for fall wedding cards!)

I can't wait to see what you make with the sketch so get those entries coming, check out all the details of our challenge here!

No comments: