Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. Hope you find something to make your creativity bloom!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Color Challenge at The Beary Scrap

"Autumn truly is what summer pretends to be: the best of all seasons. It is as glorious as summer is tedious; as subtle as summer is obvious; as refreshing as summer is wearying. Autumn seems like paradise."
--Gregg Easterbrook


I love Autumn-- it is by miles my absolute favorite time of the year, from the chill in the air to going back to school, harvest time and football games, to the BEAUTIFUL Autumn colors and enjoying those last precious rays of sunshine, appreciating them ever so much more than the summer sun because you know it won't last. So, when I learned the colors for this week's projects-- Ivory , Gold and __________-- I immediately thought of this time of year and a lovely autumn gold. My layout this week uses the colors Ivory, Gold and Brown (with a tad of blue) and showcases one of those golden Autumn afternoons that makes me want it to just be September forever.


I had so much fun with these colors and so many ideas for what to do, I couldn't pick just one or two things to include and so I have many different things on this one layout! I had a blast stamping, distressing with my new Zutter Distress-It-All, sewing, piecing, layering and finally making Kimm's brand new tear critter, Owen the Owl, as he fits an autumn page just perfectly. He is adorable! I made his beak and feet out of yellow gold Bazzill cardstock to match my ivory and gold theme. I love him!


Come visit our DT Blog and make sure to check out the other new Tear Critters-- Sidney the Skunk and Salem the Cat. While you're there, also check out our current Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge-- you have until Sept. 15th at 11:59 EST to enter your take on the sketch and you just might be the lucky one who wins a $20.00 voucher to The Beary Scrap-- perfect for getting some of those awesome Tear Critter Patterns or other fabulous scrapbook supplies!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Oh my goodness Jamie! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I LOVE how you've combined the colors with this challenge! And that pic is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Look at your cutie owl .. you always do such a WONDERFUL job with the mulberry critters! It's sooooo SWEET!!! Everything on this l.o. is STUNNING!!!! Love love LOVE!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise