Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. Hope you find something to make your creativity bloom!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Pearls and Gems at The Beary Scrap

Just one week until the big day and hopefully you have already sent out your Christmas cards (ok, I admit it, I just picked up pictures for my cards today and so I will be dutifully addressing them this weekend so I can get them mailed by Monday!). But in case you are still looking for card ideas, I am so excited to share you with my card today that goes along with our brand new biweekly challenge at The Beary Scrap-- Pearls or Gems.


I made my first Penny the Penguin and I think she turned out absolutely adorable!!!! I added a Santa Hat from JoLee's boutique and a little bow made out of Martha Stewart Candy Cane Baker's Twine.


For my card I used the brand new Wintertime collection from Echo Park. I am in love with these papers! They are perfect for Christmas or just for any wintertime pictures. I especially love the gray, as it's a non-traditional Christmas color but not too overwhelming. I stitched around the edges and added some Diamond Stickles for a little snowflake shimmer. I added a larger punched snowflake and used some red gems to decorate it.



Here is a peek at the inside of my card, I used a Martha Stewart Around the Edge punch to do snowflakes around my entire square and then saved some of the snowflakes and put them on the front with more red gems.

This is a great challenge to enter, just create a new project and include gems or pearls and link it to our challenge by midnight on Dec. 31st EST (you'll be up that night anyway, ringing in the New Year!) and you just might win a Beary Scrap voucher!

1 comment:

CraftinGranny said...

Totally awesome!!! I left a comment on the Berry Scrap Challenge Blog. Just in case you don't see it, how in the world did you do the fur on the penguin? That is just fantastic. "Hugs" Carol