Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. Hope you find something to make your creativity bloom!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Challenge= Baseball + Denim

We have a brand new challenge over at The Beary Scrap Design Team and Challenge blog --it is to take a piece of our favorite clothing and use it as inspiration for a project-- well, the very first thing that came to my mind was. . . . can you guess what this is?




You got it! A pair of very comfortable jeans-- I know everyone has their favorite pair that they love to pull on and they are just as comfy as a pair of sweats or pajamas. And so using that as my inspiration, I have used denim on my baseball layout this week.


I sewed an old piece of lightweight denim right on top of my cardstock and patterned paper. I have a pile of old jeans in my basement that someday I am going to sew a quilt out of (emphasis on someday, I am sure it is going to be a long time from now!) Until that day, they are great for cutting little pieces out of for scrapbook projects. I sewed a double line with yellow thread to mimic the sewing on old a pair of jeans and then also sewed around the journaling spot circle to make it look like a baseball.

I also die cut some stars out of denim on my old Sizzix machine, it's not high tech but it works great for fabric! Other embellishments include a cardstock star, tickets(which are actually Valentines' themed but I covered up the love words!), baseball woven ribbon, yellow bakers' twine and some 3-D baseball stickers.



To make this layout I used the August Guest Designer Sketch from Sketchy Thursdays-- I LOVE their sketches! The challenge was to use the sketch, incorporate a summer theme (baseball), use red, orange and /or yellow (I used red and yellow) and have a journaling spot (my baseball)-- wish me luck! :):)



I can't wait to see what the rest of our lovely DT ladies have in store for us with this theme and to see your projects too. Make sure to enter your project in our current challenge and share some inspiration with us!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeee how you added the denim!! PERFECT for those photos!! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anne Pennington said...

Strong layout and colours!