Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. Hope you find something to make your creativity bloom!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lucky to Have You!

Happy Thursday everyone! Welcome to my Week 2 Beary Scrap Design Team Post. After you view my layout, be sure to hope over to our Design Team blog to see all of the great Luck O' the Irish creations this week!!

Do you believe in luck? Fate? Coincidence? None of the above? Well, I don't know for sure about all of those but I do know that I am truly LUCKY to have three beautiful children (I may be a bit biased-- sorry!) and that was the inspiration for my layout this week. And I know all of you have someone (kids, friends, spouse, pets, parents, etc) that you feel truly LUCKY and blessed to have so what better time to document that relationship than now!




This layout starts with (of course) Bazzill Palo Verde cardstock. Then I added varying pieces of 3 different papers from the Basic Grey Origins line-- Mineral Soak, Brown Sugar Scrub and Seaweed Wrap, don't those names sound wonderful? So relaxing, makes me feel like a trip to the spa! Two of the strips I punched with a border punch and then inked all of them with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink before adhering and adding some random brads. The title is also cut from the Orgins line, Hot Stone, and was cut on my Cricut with the Cuttin' Up cartridge. I added Stickles in Cinnamon to the edge of the title to give it a little sparkle. If you have never tried Stickles, you've got to get some-- some being the key because once you've tried one, you'll want to collect all the awesome colors! They are so fun and easy, you've gotta try 'em!




I used the Writers Block Journaling set from Basic Grey Origins to embellish the right hand side of the layout. The Writers Block is one of the cutest embellishments I have seen in a long time-- it comes with a mini memo pad you can adhere straight to your page and then journal inside, 2 sticky note pads (10 sheets each) and 2 diecut stacks (10 each). I used the large diecut and both sticky note pads on this layout and I was really pleased with the look, plus I still have so much more from that set to use on other projects. Last I added just a few Petaloo flowers, some pearl accents, a spiral clip and some random ribbon. I hope you like my LUCKY layout and that you take some time in the near future to make a layout about someone you love and how lucky you feel to have them in your life!


And if you don't want to make a whole layout but would rather give that person a treat instead to show them how you feel, here's a quick idea for you: Take an empty flower jar (check out these Prima containers), decorate with paper and ribbons and fill with candy. Instant handmade treat anyone would feel LUCKY to get!


Make sure to check back tomorrow as the Luck O' the Irish continues and see what else our Design team has for you!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You should frame those pages!!! As for the treat, if you need someone to give them to . . . .