Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. Hope you find something to make your creativity bloom!

Friday, February 4, 2011

2D Sketch-- 3D Frame

Happy Friday everyone! It's a new sketch at The Beary Scrap this week and so I have a new project to show you. I have wanted for awhile to try using one of our Beary Sweet sketches to make something other than a layout or card. I just wondered how that would work but couldn't quite wrap my mind around it until this week-- then I finally found the perfect thing and sketch to try it out on!

And so here is my altered frame, with the right hand side being taken from the sketch.


First I painted the edges of the frame black with craft paint. Then I covered each side with paper from My Mind's Eye. I absolutely love these colors, and they just happen to match my bedroom perfectly, which is where I will be putting this little frame. I adhered the paper with good old glue stick but put a coat of glue on both the wood frame and on the back of the paper to ensure a good old.

Here's a view from the top so you can see the painted edges:



And here's a view of just the right hand side, which is based on the actual sketch, though I flipped it the other direction so that my bow would be at the far right edge. I added some pearls in the top corner and made my bow out of ribbon and tulle with a decorative pin through the middle.


And there you have it, my experiment on converting a 2D sketch into a 3D project. I'd love to know what you think! And I'd love to see your take on the sketch so make sure to join our current Beary Sweet Challenge .

1 comment:

scrapperbecka said...

Love that project! I left you a surprise on my blog, yeah!