Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. Hope you find something to make your creativity bloom!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Sparkly Snow and Happy Kids=

NO WINTER BLUES HERE!

It's Week 2 of our Winter Blues Challenge at The Beary Scrap and while I may be wistfully longing for the warm sand and sunshine that I showed you in my layout last week, my kids are loving the winter snow and are not the least bit blue about it! Unless you count the tips of their noses, which may truly have been a little blue after playing outside for two days last weekend at my grandparents cabin.

As I have an entire pile of pictures from last weekend and really wanted to squeeze as many onto this layout as I could-- so I used a simple layout that lines up 12 photos of about the same size. Here's a bit closer view of each page:






I made my SNOW title by using a Marvy Uchida snow pen-- this is so cool. It writes almost like a paint marker and doesn't look like much in the beginning:

Then you use a heat tool and go over the writing until it puffs up like snow!


Here's a side view to show the dimension:



Making snow letters was so fun! And just a couple of things I learned--
*thicker is better, if you write too thin to begin with, it doesn't puff enough, so pour it on
*be careful with the heat gun, you can scorch the snow and it will turn black
*if you do scorch it (yes, I did!) or if it's not thick enough, just add more & do it again
*it says to let ink dry before heating for a more uniform effect, but I got a more natural snow look by heating it when it was wet

That's it for my Winter Blues, now I really want to see yours! You have just a few more days to join our Winter Blues Challenge, it might be snowy where you are and a great weekend to stay in and create!! Plus we are still looking for some Guest Designers and would love to have you enter our Guest Designer Challenge, check out all the details here and Good Luck!

No comments: